Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Recycled relevance

Like any good art history student with a sense of style I without a doubt spend more time than necessary studying the clothing of the subjects of the piece. Tonight as I vehemently studied I noticed the very bohemian style of Boticelli's characters. In Primavera Flora, the goddess of spring, wears a dress that (with a few minor alterations) could be in my closet in a snap. Another great aspect of this painting that is extremely relevant is the Avatar-like figure on the right, Zephyrus. Was James Cameron an art history major? Highly unlikely, yet what the more relevant point of this piece is that our bohemian dresses are a lot more timeless than the "timeless Chanel tweed suit."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Donate your opinion.
Make my day.