Sunday, June 3, 2012

Time heals everything

To be blunt, it's been a while.  To be fair, I've been busy.  To recap, I'm back.  The last time I was posting frequently on this blog I was eighteen, in high school and extremely naive.  Now, I'm twenty, in college, and less naive.  As my "most likely to" in high school I was deemed "most likely to have a quarter life crisis after realizing fashion is meaningless."  I'm here to tell you that no such thing is going to occur.  While fashion is not chock-full of meaning like, say, social work it's not devoid of meaning completely either.  That being said, I have turned more and more to music instead of fashion as my culture-fix in the last two years.

More and more I've discovered that fashion is one of the more elitist industries in our modern culture.  On iTunes you can buy the best song recorded in the last year and it will cost you 99 cents.  In contrast, to buy the most beautiful dress made in the last year, you'd have to shell out something upward of $5,000.  The accessibility of music is what makes it attractive to me.  Not only is it accessible, it's relatable.  Bob Dylan manages to capture the nature of humanity in some of his lyrics and the music of bands like Nirvana and Pavement became the anthems for a generation.  While fashion comes and goes, there is something more solid about music.

So here's to the beginning of something new for this blog.  Stay tuned for a summer of badass Brooklyn style, new music and ice cream.

Bye bye Vermont. Hello Brooklyn!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Donate your opinion.
Make my day.