Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Hail to the king and queen

American royal portraits taken by Annie Leibovitz or Mario Testino...

I have been nursing the idea of American royalty for quite some time now. In all honesty, I think it's quite brilliant. Look at Great Britain, they spend copious amounts of time meticulously watching the same five or so people do completely ordinary (or in some cases extraordinary) things and then they publish it all over the tabloids and "royal watch" blogs (yes, these do exist).

Then again, an American king and queen would contradict the founding principles of our country, but don't we already revere certain celebrities as if they had royal blood? The British royals spend years in the highest forms of education and take lessons in manners and hone their social graces in their spare time. I can't quite say the same for people like Megan Fox or Robet Pattinson. If I were to decide, I would choose Meryl Streep as queen and Chuck Palahniuk as king. They would make am odd pair, but just imagine the literary masterpieces and stunning speeches that could be produced.

1 comment:

Donate your opinion.
Make my day.