Thursday, October 15, 2009

Follow the yellow brick road...

I am beginning to feel as Dorothy must have felt as she gazed upon the yellow brick road for the first time, not knowing what lay ahead of her. So far, senior year has just made me realize how much I still have left to accomplish. I also hope that at the end of the yellow brick road that is the college application process I will find myself in my own Emerald City (and by Emerald City I do not mean Seattle).
While I cannot wait to finish high school and just move on, I also know that this is the year during which everything changes. I can only hope that the scarecrow, the tin man, and the cowardly lion will be waiting on my path to help lead the way because let’s face it, I am going to need all the support I can get. So for all the other high school seniors out there faced with application deadlines and AP classes, just know that we’re not alone, and that at the end of the road something worthwhile awaits us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Donate your opinion.
Make my day.